
We put up our Christmas tree last week, and Amelia loves to visit the decorations each morning.

The weather is cold and on this particular morning the ice and condensation made an interesting stripey pattern on our front window. Jamie is busy finishing up the term, shoveling snow and is still biking to work in the snow drifts; now that's dedication! (Or refusal to accept winter!)

This blog entry is a self indulgent little ode to how Amelia and her mommy spend their days...painting. This past month I've had some huge "nesting" urges as I've rounded the bend into my third trimester. Sometimes, this means cleaning the house, organizing the new babies room, or cooking up a storm, but more than anything I like to get out the paints...

Circles, ovals, and cell-like structures are one of my current themes. (Amelia's first painting on canvas is framed on the left.)

The fabric box came out and we've made some colourful collages

Amelia likes to choose my background colour and put the first coat of paint on with some fancy brushwork.

I finished this painting with some colourful flowers to keep the short winter days at bay.

Next, a new painting for the babies room.

This was the first painting I did for Amelia's room over 2 years ago. I appreciate the time I once had for detail and huge mural sized canvases.

Amelia is pointing out our new family portrait. Each family member is represented by our nick names... Jam'n'cream, scone, et croissant (who is still baking in the oven!)

This month has been busy and messy. I learn a lot from Amelia about having fun with colours and being a free spirit.

We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and that 2011 brings new inspiration and creativity!
No comments:
Post a Comment